Sunday, April 17, 2016

Our drive north on the way to El Rosario

After leaving Vizcaíno early this morning we had a nice breakfast in Guerrero Negro at the same cafe we stopped at on our drive south last week. We then crossed the border from Baja California Sur into Baja California Norte. The armed guards didn't make us unload everything off the back of the truck, but they did look through some of our things in the truck's cab while we waited outside. At this point I developed a nose bleed. This came out of the blue. Arturo gave me some gauze soaked in iodine to put up my right nostril. I had taken some aspirin earlier this morning for some muscle pain, but other than that I don't know what brought this on. In any case, it wasn't too long after I had my nose blocked  that the guards released us to continue across the border.

Charlie offer to stop along the way for a short hike in the desert, and we took him up on his offer. Below are a few photo from our brief respite from the long drive.

Cactus in bloom

red cactus

Charlie showing off boojum tree
Fouquieria columnaris








No comments:

Post a Comment