Thursday, April 21, 2016

A night in Ensenada

We left El Rosario around 5 pm and drove up to Ensenada. We tried to stop at the Santo Tomas winery, but they had already closed by the time we arrived.

After checking into our hotel, we went looking for a place to eat. The same winery has a store front in Ensenada, but it too was already closed. After many hours in the truck, we decided to search for a restaurant on foot. We found a very nice place and all ordered the night's specials. I had the fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp. Everyone else had the ribeye steak. The specials started with a nice fresh salad and also included a glass of wine and a brownie with ice cream for dessert. The specials were priced at 250 pesos which is about $15 US. Quite a deal.

Below is a photo of the Corona Hotel & Spa where we stayed. I forgot to take a photo of the hotel, so I grabbed this one off the web. They brought in a roll-away bed so the three guys could share one room. Charlie very generously offered to take the roll-away. Previously I had been sleeping sitting up as it was the only position where my shoulder didn't hurt. I appreciated having the queen size bed since I was finally able to lay down and get a good night's sleep.


Corona Hotel & Spa in Ensenada

No comments:

Post a Comment