Thursday, April 21, 2016

Not many photos for my foodie friends

I'm afraid I didn't take many food photos on this trip. I don't think I ever had a bad meal, and the quantities were often huge. I kept looking to order things that might provide a smaller portion size, but usually was unsuccessful in my attempt.

I ate a lot of fish and other seafood, which was great. When we were in La Cobana we tried to get in the water early before the winds picked up so we were leaving  shore just about the time the restaurant started serving breakfast. Knowing this, we ordered food to go the night before. They provided us with smoked fish burritos which turned out to be one of my favorite meals. Another favorite were the crab quesas I had at Mama Espinoza's restaurant in El Rosario. I had been told how wonderful the crab was at this place, but they had been out of it until our very last meal there.

Below is a picture of one of our dinners in the restaurant on Isla Natividad. Here we were served two huge dishes of ceviche. One was fish which was good, but the second was lobster which was phenomenal. It was quickly devoured.

Ceviche lunch on Isla Natividad

No comments:

Post a Comment